Saturday, February 6, 2010

TUCSON


Loews Ventana Canyon

Westin La Paloma

Canyon Ranch Resort

Hacienda del Sol

Today I have decided to enlighten you all with some facts about where I will be living for the next 2 1/2 years.

Tucson is located 118 miles southeast of Phoenix and 60 miles north of the Mexican border. Therefore, Rosetta stone is a must. I have it on my computer but now I need to start using! There are about 550,000 people here making it the 52nd largest metropolitan area in the US. The city is home to the University of Arizona. There are 4 major mountain ranges in the city. I live near the northern range in the Catalina foothills. Most of Tucson's major resorts are located here including Hacienda del Sol, Westin La Poloma Resort, Loews Ventana Canyon Resort and Canyon Ranch. The city was developed on a grid plan in the late 1800s so it is easy to get around. This is important for people like me so we don't get lost! Tucson is always cooler and wetter than Phoenix because of its higher elevation. The average temperature in January is 65F!

Now you all know some important facts about Tucson. Visitors are welcome anytime...sunny & 70's everyday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment