Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Nice Surprise


Rain is grace; rain is the sky condescending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.

Today when I woke up, it was back to a usual bright sunny Arizona day. I took Sumo down for his walk on the River Walk and boy did I have a nice surprise. It did rain ALL day yesterday but I did not imagine to see what I saw. The dried up river bed was a FOR REAL flowing river. It even had the pleasant noise of a flowing river. I couldn't stop staring. Even Sumo was confused and just stood there for a minute looking at the river.

This might have been the first time I have really missed North Carolina. The sound of the river and rapids brought back all kinds of memories. But one memory stood out from 2 years ago when I went on a rafting trip on the New River with 3 other couples. Boy was that a trip! We spent 8 hours floating down the river in the NC mountains.We had rented an extra tube to hold our coolers full of beer & food. We stayed at Sara Miller's mountain house and had a great weekend in the mountains with our best friends relaxing & eating good food!

I hope I enjoyed the river today...it is sure to all be gone by tomorrow :(


Water!

Sumo confused by the river

River shot

No comments:

Post a Comment